5 Ways to Grow Sales During the Holidays
The holidays are a time when your business can skyrocket due to customer demand. Are you equipped to grow your sales during this time? Here are a few things you can do to ensure your business will see financial growth during this period.
1. Create a marketing campaign to generate buzz. After all, people won’t buy what they don’t know about, so it’s your job to make sure the word gets out about what you’re offering that others aren’t. You can create a campaign through social media, e-mail, in-store signage, or mailers. You can also give out coupons or promotions in-store to let customers know about future holiday sales to keep them coming back in the future.
2. Implement technology that allows paying to be a smoother process. Whether this means upgrading your terminal, updating your system, or allowing more ways to pay, when paying is quicker everyone is much happier. Customers enjoy not having to wait in a long line, and businesses see an increase in cash flow because they can get more customers into line. When you accept more types of payments you also turn people away less, and can make more sales through various payments.
3. Gift cards are one of the best investments you can make. Not only does it allow a customer to make a purchase without difficulty and meet a need that many have during this season, but it ensures that another customer will be back in the future to claim it and shop around. This can be extremely beneficial when this is a new customer, that can then be converted into a new lead and perhaps come back to shop for more in the future.
4. Have more signage in your physical location, if you operate out of a brick and mortar location. Customers don’t always read the fine print, so having adequate signage to let them know about upcoming promotions are a good way to pique their interest and increase the chances that they will be back in the future to shop for these deals. Give them an incentive to come back and shop with you that they couldn’t miss if it was standing right in front of them!
5. Hire more staff. Having a full staff is the best way to foster sales and compel customers to spend more. When you have a well-trained, full sales team, they are able to assist any customer without keeping them waiting, and they can use customer service techniques to increase the size of their purchase. A customer that goes into a store to buy a gift card and doesn’t make contact with an employee will surely spend less than one who is immediately greeted and customer serviced by a staff member. It may be an investment at first, but will ultimately increase revenue for your business.